2/14/09

Lisa Lampanelli Special Disappointing

I love Lisa Lampanelli, but her new HBO special was lacking a bit in the laughs department.

Her first two DVDs were phenomenal. She was dirty and racist, but at the end of the day, she had darn good jokes.

In this special she was acting like a caricature of herself. At the end of her last Stern interview promoting this special, Artie was thrashing Lisa by imitating her act. If there's a black person, call them the N-word, etc.

Funny thing was Artie hit it right on the head. And this special really didn't seem as creative as the others. I love offensive comedy, but it has to be funny too.

I know Lisa had that big party at the Friars to watch it all together. But do you think the people there were honest with her or just stroked her ego? I'm guessing the latter.

And Santa Rosa, California? Where the hell is that place?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ill have to watch the Special to judge it, but now I will have to curb my expectations of it. I hope its on HBO on demand.