2/17/09

American Idol Confusing and Laborious

Love the talent on this year's American Idol, but there is some formatting shit that is really bugging me.

First of all, at the beginning of this first night of live competition, Ryan Seacrest very quickly went over the new rules of this season. Something about a 3 week competition and elimination. Don't have Tivo, so still don't understand the new elimination rules. This leaves me with an unsure shaky feeling.

Also why are there these LONG interviews with the kids and their parents? I really don't need to hear the whole back story on these people and see their parents say the most obvious, uninteresting things.

And what if one of the contestants has a good song, and then you see their parents are a couple of fat hicks? That will affect voters somehow.

AI - stop this right now. It's not too late to change this dreadful format. I'm watching to hear singing. If I'm blown away by the singer, down the line I might like to know more about their background.

But please stop loading us up with sob-stories and interviews.

You listened to Howard Stern about making the results show a half hour. Now listen to the Howard Stern Critic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who cares about American Idol?

Anonymous said...

I mean, no offense, but that show is horrible. I still can't believe that Howard likes AI and Dancing with the Stars.

Howard Stern Critic said...

Not a huge reality show fan, but like Howard has said, American Idol does deliver. The people who win for the most part actually do get a chance to shine in the music biz.