4/15/09

American Apparel Woody Allen Boycott


American Apparel,

I am boycotting your product over your treatment of Woody Allen.

Of course, I don't agree with everything Woody has done, but this case is simply about copyright infringement, and I feel that if it was very low class of you to bring up Woody's sex life.

YOU CANNOT USE SOMEONE'S IMAGE IN AN AD WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION.

What kind of lawyers do you have over there? Or is it the CEOs that have made this dumb decision to embarrass an American icon and flaunt your company's ignorance of the law.

American Apparel, why don't you save yourself the little dignity you have, settle with Woody and apologize?

Again, I'm not condoning all of Woody's actions over the course of his life (nor do I condone all of MY actions), but I just feel that his sex life has nothing to do with this copyright case.

Just today I saw a great shirt that I was about to buy off site, then saw it was made with American Apparel and decided against it.

No comments: